Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Zion Adventure Begins!

In exactly 15 minutes I leave for the beginning of over 28 hours of travel to get to Israel. Fortunately, Air Canada has a stellar line-up of TV and movies to choose from, including A Christmas Story. I had been sad that this might be a holiday without seeing that movie, but fortunately it won't be.

But leaving Zion won't be easy, but I really am not. I'm just headed to another Zion half-way around the world. One thing I am looking forward to is the reaction from people when I say, "I'm from Zion" when they ask me where I am from. Coupled with the stockpile of Zion Adventure Company shirts that are in my suit case, I'm sure that several conversations will arise from it.

I'm sad that I have to leave in the dark this morning. I would have liked to see West Temple from my kitchen window one last time.

Frank will be here in a few minutes to take me to the airport shuttle. Next stop: Tel Aviv.

1 comment: