Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Laundry in Israel

I broke down last night and I did laundry by hand. It took almost 2 hours, but when you can only fit about 5 articles of clothing in the bucket at a time, it takes a while. Then rinsing, wrining, and hanging up to dry. I'm not sure how clean they actually are. They all smell like Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in Citrus, so I guess that is a good thing. Unfortunately, with the humidity here, things take FOREVER to dry. I'm still not done, and get to do more tomorrow, or I just might wait until next week.

However, there was motivation in washing my clothes by hand. The money I saved by doing this will pay for 1/4 of a day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea from Jerusalem. I sincerely hope that the promised washing machine arrives this week as promised. I will never again complain about having to go to the Zion Park Laundry in Springdale or the cost associated with it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen.......girlfriend! I too am glad you are going to the Dead Sea. Be safe and all is well here in Zion except it misses you!!!

    ReplyDelete