Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cookies

One of my responsibilities as a volunteer is to keep the baked goods stocked, a task to which I am most amenable. However, not everything that is readily available in the US can be found here, like Cream of Tarter. How odd is that? Anyway...we are fully booked for Christmas, and we will need to make lots of cookies for the guests. My beloved Cooking with the Choir cookbook is obviously in Utah, so if anyone has a cookie recipe they could share with me I would greatly appreciate it. Of course, I could go to some website for something, but I would prefer something from those I know and love. It would also be appreciated if these recipes 1) included chocolate in some fashion and 2) do not include marshmallows.

Recipes can be emailed to me or posted as a comment on the blog.

Toda! (Hebrew for "Thanks!")

3 comments:

  1. Any specific requests? I usually do sugar cookies, peanut butter kisses, dipped pretzels, thumbprints, and a marshmallow one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Charlotte, this time last year we were getting ready for Christmas. Also, we were discussing where you should go this Christmas. It seems like only yesterday.....and you are in the Mother Country.

    It has really been cold for the past few days. It snowed the other day up in Springdale. It is only in the low 20's now.

    I am taking Jeffrey and CharDe' to the airport in Vegas in the morning. We have to leave around 5:00am. The Lil Man is staying with me for a week while Jeffrey and CharDe' go on the cruise with his father and Kelli. I sure wish they would put me in their suitcase.

    Charlotte, please email me and let me know how you are doing and what you think of Israel. I was there with my parents after the 6 day war.

    Take care of your sweet self,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a cookie party and made 10 kinds of cookies. There are lots of yummy ones. Let me know if you want the recipes - some are a little involved. One used only 1/3 c flour for a whole batch of cookies. it was weird, but tasted awesome

    ReplyDelete