Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Past Few Days

Not much of note has happened here the past few days. I am enjoying very much simply living. My schedule is: sleep, yoga, eat, explore, write, eat, write, hang out. It is great. Being here has made me realize that I can live even more simply than I do bake in the States. One of my biggest realizations is that I can wear the same pair of jeans twice and nothing bad will happen.

Wednesday the owner of the Inn commented to me that he liked my blog. This was shocking to me as only about 2 people here not including him knew about it. He has Google Alerts or something set up for any mention of Fauzi Azar, and I mention that pretty prominently in the blog. Anyway...because of my blog post about the laundry quandry, the volunteer house is getting a WASHING MACHINE this week! How exciting is that? Life has just become so much easier. I just hope it arrives before I leave for my weekend at the Sea of Galilee. Toda Maoz!

Friday I got to visit the neighborhood mosque for a special tour. I had to buy a head covering so that I could even visit. I am no closer to understanding Islam after that visit, however, I need to make remedying that a priority. There is still so much that I do not understand even about Judaism or my own religion for that matter.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having fascinating experiences! Are you a host at the Fauzi Azar? It sounds like you take tours of guests? What a wonderful way to learn about these important cultures in their ancient setting. We miss you here in Springdale. It's been cold and somewhat stormy. This morning the wind blew so hard that it snapped off our largest pine tree. Know anyone who needs a live Christmas tree??

    Thanks for sharing your days.

    Kristi Staker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte -
    I was concerned when you didn't post for a couple of days. (But that's just the worrying mom in me.) In your list of your daily schedule, you didn't mention work. How many hours are you "on the job" there? Are things different during Hannukah? Did you get to your new branch in Tiberius?
    Alex is home - sleeping when I left for work this morning. More snow today....
    Mom

    ReplyDelete