Friday, December 25, 2009

My Time Here: Is it Worth it?

I am really questioning whether I should stay in Nazareth at the FAuzi Azar Inn until January 20th. I came to aid in building a business, not to do mediocre tasks like moving chairs and refill a coffee urn with water. That is not business building at all. The things I see go on here at the Inn should not happen, especially for a business that wants to grow. Maybe the views of professionalism are different because of culture.

I just needed to vent, because no one here seems to care about how I see things. An outsider's perspective can add a great deal. The owner says he values what I have to say because I have a tourism background and graduate education, but I doubt that because I have yet to see that.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Charlotte, everything is a learning experience so don't come back early! All the people you are meeting and things that you are seeing are awesome and much cooler than Springdale in January you know. It will be spring again soon I'm sure and we'll be wishing for the workless winter again soon. Have fun, see you in a month! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, Stay and see all that you can! Learn all that you can! Meet all the people you can! Experience all that you can! What a marvelous opportunity you are having. Maybe it's not quite what you expected, but it's yours! Missing you, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one can measure what another learns in any given moment except one's self. So we end up giving as much as we can without any guarantees, and it is always worth it.

    ReplyDelete