Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sustainable Tourism Conference in Haifa

Today I attended a sustainable tourism conference at the University of Haifa. I would have gotten more out of it had more than 1 lecture been in English. (When I checked in the lady at the desk asked me why I was even there since I do not speak Hebrew). Oh well. However, the key note presenter is staying at the Fauzi Azar tonight, so I might get to speak with him directly. I'm networking! My MBA professors would be proud. I took a conference break to look at the museum next to the conference hall. Signage was in thankfully in English, and it was full of interesting artifacts from sites throughout the country.

I spent much of the conference weighing the pros and cons of the new housing opportunity in Springdale I have been offered. Considering the scarcity of housing, it is a great opportunity. Ultimately it comes down to money and finding a roommate to split the costs.

I've also decided that if I can successfully take public transportation in a country were I do not speak or read either of the main languages that I can use public transportation in the United States. Growing up in Minnesota there was a saying of sorts that says, "You know you are from Minnesota when you have no concept of public transportation."

No comments:

Post a Comment