Monday, January 18, 2010

The Last Post from Israel?

This might be my last post from Israel. I had planned to spend the day walking around Nazareth for some last pictures, but it has rained all day. Rain is the forcast for the entire country for the next couple of days, which should make sight seeing in Jerusalem fun.

Tomorrow morning I leave for Jerusalem, and my internet access becomes intermittent at best. I have a full schedule for the next 10 days and before I know it I will be back in Springdale. I really miss my red rock landscapes. I cannot wait for the moment when you reach the crest of the little hill in Arizona and can first see West Temple in Zion.

The schedule for the next ten days is as follows:

  • Tuesday: Free tour of Jerusalem
  • Wednesday: Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial and the highly recommended Hezekiah's Tunnels
  • Thursday: To be determined
  • Friday: Masada and the Dead Sea
  • Saturday: BYU-Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives
  • Sunday: Travel to Eilat and the Rea Sea
  • Monday: St. Catherine's and the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt
  • Tuesday: Petra in Jordan
  • Wednesday: Return to Jerusalem and Rampart's Walk
  • Thursday: Temple Mount, visit anything I missed, and head to the airport
I found out today that I will be returning to work earlier than I planned. I hope that I can get over jetlag in 48 hours. It is good though, as I have had 2 months off.

Pictures will be posted upon my return; there are a lot already and I will be going picture crazy in the next 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment