Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mac vs. PC: The Continued Debate

This blog post is dedicated to one JDZ, canyonneer, facilitator, responsibility man, and an eternal Mac user.

During my tenure at Zion Adventure Company I was one of the few pro-Windows and PC operating systems employees at the store. We worked on Macs, our POS was designed for Macs, and while it impressed many people, I struggled with it greatly. Once I even had to ask, "I just saved a Word document...where did it go?" That would never happen with a PC. Often I would bring my laptop to the store to work on projects because things never seemed to work with the Macs, especially when my beloved Microsoft Excel was involved. Excel and Macs are not friends. But yesterday I noticed something curious in my blog stats about the whole PC and Mac debate. Only 3% of my blog views have ever come from Macs. (I also have had visitors from China, Georgia, and Canada). Hmmm...interesting. I have a feeling that the 3% is from JDZ's iPhone.

However, I must admit that I think my next computer will have to be a Mac. It pains me to say it, but in the business world it brings a certain something to the table. Legitimacy, perhaps? I'm not sure, but I am very sure that Microsoft Office will be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment